Sadly, flowers don’t last forever.. We wish it were true! While they won’t live forever, there are a few things you can do to make sure they live life to their full extent.
- Little Mr Bouqs come packaged with fresh water at the base of the wrapping. Please keep them upright until you’re ready to unwrap.
- Now when you find a suitable vase (maybe a glass, mug, bucket, sink.. whatever you’ve got??) – make sure it’s nice and clean! We suggest you wash it with hot, soapy water and rinse well. This helps remove any micro-organisms that can shorten the life of the flowers.
- Fill the vase with luke warm water.
- After you unwrap the Bouq, trim off at least 1cm of the stem at a 45 degree angle. This will actually increase the surface area of the stem as well as improve the uptake of water.
- While you are at it, remove any greener from the stems, making sure that no leaves are submerged in the water. This will keep the water fresh and clean.
- Keep in a cool spot in your house, away from direct sunlight, fireplaces or heaters. Also, it is interesting to note that some flowers are sensitive to ethylene (an odourless, colourless gaseous plant hormone… that doesn’t sound good!!) – which is given off by some fruits, car fumes cigarette smoke.
- Change the water every day or two, they’ll love you for that.
- Enjoy the flowers!!
Flower Delivery Brisbane, simple. Little Mr Bouqs offers one unique bouquet of flowers online each weekday for $36 including delivery. We sell only one style of bouquet each day, picked fresh every morning from the Brisbane Flower Market. Our bunch of flowers are simpler and a little smaller than traditional flower bouquets. With a focus on Flower Delivery Brisbane you can expect same day flower delivery. Keep up to date with our Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr or Google social accounts.
Our Bouqs come carefully wrapped in simple brown paper with a personalized label, secured with natural twine and finished with a little handwritten message on a cute note card.
Whether it’s a special occasion or just because, flowers from Little Mr Bouqs will brighten up their day.
We currently operate in Brisbane only. Delivery area is restricted to the following areas at this stage: Albion, Alderley, Annerley, Ascot, Ashgrove, Auchenflower, Balmoral, Bardon, Bowen Hills, Brisbane CBD, Bulimba, Buranda, Camp Hill, Cannon Hill, Carina, Carina Heights, Carindale, Chapel Hill, Chelmer, Chermside, Clayfield, Coorparoo, Corinda, Dutton Park, Eagle Farm, East Brisbane, Enoggera, Everton Park, Fairfield, Fig Tree Pocket, Fortitude Valley, Gaythorne, Gordon Park, Graceville, Grange, Greenslopes, Hamilton, Hawthorne, Hendra, Herston, Highgate Hill, Holland Park, Indooroopilly, Kangaroo Point, Kedron, Kelvin Grove, Kenmore, Keperra, Lutwyche, McDowall, Milton, Mitchelton, Moorooka, Morningside, Mount Coot-tha, Mount Gravatt, Mount Gravatt East, Murarrie, New Farm, Newmarket, Newstead, Norman Park, Northgate, Nundah, Oxley, Paddington, Pinkenba, Red Hill, Rocklea, Seven Hills, Sherwood, South Brisbane, Spring Hill, St Lucia, Stafford, Stafford Heights, Stones Corner, Taringa, Tarragindi, Teneriffe, Tennyson, The Gap, Tingalpa, Toowong, Virginia, Wavell Heights, West End, Wilston, Windsor, Woolloongabba, Wooloowin, Yeerongpilly, Yeronga.
This is subject to change and will be updated on our website as the changes occur. We might be small, but we’re growing – if your suburb isn’t in the list shoot us an email – [email protected] – and we’ll see what we can do.